Monday, March 2, 2015

Career Highlights

After working with the U.N.  in grad school, they were so impressed with my work that they

 continued to employ me. I gained great experience quickly. I felt like my work with the United

Nations was really making a difference, which is the most amazing feeling. It was this work,

bringing the genocide perpetrators to trial, that inspired me to write my book The Bone Woman:

Among the dead in Rwanda, Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo. By 2007 my book was published in 14

countries including The United States, The United Kingdom, Australia, The Netherlands, Spain,

Germany, Argentina, Canada, France, Denmark, Norway, Italy, Portugal and Poland! I'm glad to

have had the chance to tell my story, and inform other people how forensic anthropology is important

in today's judicial system. I loved it so much that I am currently working on a second book Passing.

One of the most important things I feel that I did was founding The Missing Persons Identification

Resource Center. I founded this organization in 2005 (based in Los Angeles) in order to link missing

 persons corpses with their families. Once connected with their families we are able to use their

knowledge as well as bone records to figure out what kind of life they were living during their

absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment