Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Adventures in Grad School

I began my graduate school career at The University of Arizona. I studied Forensic 

Anthropology. I did my last year at The University of Nebraska- Lincoln in 1999 after

 combining my studies with working for the UN from 1996-2000. When I was 23, and still in

 grad school I was selected along a small team of forensic scientists by The U.N. 

International Crime Tribunal to go to Rwanda, Africa. Our assignment was to investigate 

and unearth the physical evidence of mass grave genocide and crimes against humanity that

 had been reported throughout that country. This was incredibly exciting and beyond 

interesting to me. My work in Rwanda lead to other assignments given by the U.N. 

investigating more crimes against humanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment